Collection of Information
Here's what we collect from you when you use Trip+me:
• User-Provided Information: When you sign up or register to use the Trip+me, we may ask you to provide certain information, such as your first name, last name, and email address, which may be considered “personally identifiable information” (that is, information that would allow us to directly identify you, like your name and e-mail address). You may also provide personally identifiable information to us such your mailing address, phone number, and other information when you make a purchase through the Trip+me, when you send us an email, when you update the information you’ve previously provided to us, or at other times when accessing the Trip+me app or website.
• Third-Party Login Functionality: You may be given the option to access or register through the use of your user name and passwords for other services (each an “Integrated Service”), such as through the use of your Facebook credentials through Facebook Connect. For example, by connecting your account with Facebook, you understand and authorize us to access and store the credentials you provide, a unique identifying number or string of characters associated with you, your name, email address(es), date of birth, gender, current city, address information, profile picture URL, and other information associated with your Facebook account that you permit Facebook to make available to us. If you choose to connect using an Integrated Service other than Facebook, you authorize us to access and store accessible information from such Integrated Service. We suggest that you review your Facebook or other Integrated Service privacy settings to understand and change the information available to us through Facebook Connect or such other Integrated Services.
• “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Service we may automatically record certain information about or related to your use of the Service that is made available through your web browser or mobile device such as your IP address, information about your hardware and software, links, images, or other materials you click, information that may enable us to approximate your location, web pages or sites that you visited just before or just after the Service, the pages you view on the Service, the searches you run on the Service, the dates and times you access the Service, and other information about how you use the Service. This information is collected through the use of different types of technologies, such as standard log files, cookies, etc.
• “Cookies” Information: One form of “automatically collected” information we may record is information stored by “cookies” - small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. When you access the Service, we may send one or more cookies to your computer. By sending you cookies with values that are unique, we may be able to uniquely identify your web browser or device when you access Trip+me. We may use both “session” and “persistent” cookies to collect, store, and sometimes track various types of information. A session cookie is one that is intended to disappear after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser (and may be used by your browser to identify itself when you later return to the Service). Persistent cookies generally can be removed. You can review the “Help” file in your browsers or mobile devices to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
Jovia Inc. may use the information you provide or that we collect to develop, operate, support, maintain, enhance the user experience, to analyze and develop our marketing strategy and other technologies, to develop new products and services, and to customize and target content that may be more interesting, relevant, or useful to you, including advertisements, and for other administrative purposes, for example:
• to contact you for feedback about the Service,
• to conduct research about the Service,
• to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external purposes,
• to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy, or
• to contact you for marketing and promotional purposes.
You can opt-out of receiving certain communications, but we reserve the right to continue to send you certain communications relating to the Service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will never sell or disclose your personal information to any third party entities for unsolicited marketing or promotions.
We may provide personally identifiable information to third parties for their use in helping us perform our internal business functions. These are things like processing payments, fulfilling orders for product or services, performing maintenance, security, data analysis, email transmissions, or data hosting on our behalf. We require these third parties to maintain your information consistent with their legal obligations.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to: (1) satisfy legal obligations or comply with legal process (such as a subpoena) served on Jovia Inc.; (2) protect Jovia Inc. and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; (3) investigate and defend Jovia Inc. against any legal claims or threats; (4) protect and defend the rights or property of Jovia Inc.; (5) take action relating to user complaints, or (6) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Trip+me or the public.
We may disclose and otherwise transfer your personal information to an acquirer, or to a successor or assignee, as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which your personal information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
We may disclose aggregated or other types of non-personally identifiable information, including “automatically collected” and “cookies” information that are non-personally identifiable, to third parties for various purposes. For example, we may disclose non-personally identifiable information to interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, or functionality on the Service.
We exercise great care to protect your personally identifiable information. This includes, among other things, using industry standard techniques such as firewalls, encryption, and app monitoring. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. This is especially true for information you transmit to us via e-mail. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our servers.
Internally, we will restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need access to the information in order to do their jobs. These employees are limited in number, and are committed to our privacy policies.
We will review our security arrangements from time to time as we deem appropriate.
Third Party Sites
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this policy or simply want to correct, amend, or delete your profile, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Copyright © 2018 Jovia Inc. All rights reserved.